This acidometer is used for determining the acidity of milk or whey during cheesemaking.
The kit comprises the following:-
1. A 25ml glass burette equipped with a ptfe stopcock (this minimises the risk of tap seizure when titrating with caustic solutions).
2. A calibrated 150ml beaker for filling the burette.
3. Two conical flasks for titrating the milk or whey sample.
4. Two 10 ml glass pipettes - to accurately measure out your milk sample.
5. A steel laboratory retort stand with base.
6. A boss and clamp fitted with rubber coated tines - to hold the burette.
7. 500 ml bottle of N/9 Sodium Hydroxide (NaOH) solution - also known as caustic soda - to go into the burette. This is known as the titrant and spare bottles are available.
8. A 25ml dropper bottle of indicator solution (0.5% phenolphthalein). Again spare bottles are available
9. Full instructions for use.